Wednesday, June 27, 2007

LOVE CHALLENGE


Daring Cardmakers challenge this week was to "put some LOVE into your cards this week. Wedding, Anniversary, Engagement or simply to say "I love You""

So I dusted off my Michael's $ stamp and got to work. I love the simple cards that just have a stamp in the middle with some ribbon, but whenever I try it for some reason it does not come out simple and elegant. So I went with this one. I chalked the edges with a light gray to soften it then had to put two red heart brads on it so that is could then pop. I just noticed that it looks crooked in the picture, but really its not, hope you like it, now I have to find a wedding to get invited to, maybe I will just crash one, heck I have the card.

23 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

I like the chalked edges...adds softness and dimension.

My Little Hobby said...

Hi Flossie! Thanks for the comment on my blog...it's nice to "meet you." I love your profile and applaud you for going hi-tech, as an "old dog" (your words, not mine). I love using the Michael's $1 stamps too. This turned out really cute.

Anonymous said...

Nice card, Flossie! Way to use your $1 stamp too! I love those!

Debby said...

Very nice card!!Love the little red on it.

Sarah said...

Ooh I wish we had a Michaels in the Uk! That stamp is fab!! This is a lovely card, I love the colours you have used.

Kaz said...

Lovely card, very stylish. The swirls are gorgeous.

stamp and scrape said...

Very soft colour scheme - lovelyu.
Ros

domestic goddess said...

thanks for popping by my blog, love that stamp

Emine_Pala_Art_22 said...

this is Gorgeous girl.. Love it

thanks for stopping by my blog

xoxo
Emine

Night Owl Designs said...

How cute is this?! Great work :o)

Corie said...

This IS simple but elegant. Love the addition of the chalk.

Karen said...

great card. Love that little stamp

Marlou McAlees said...

Well I just love it Flossie, any newly weds would love to receive a beautiful card like this.

Marlou x

Michele Kovack said...

This is such a pretty card! I need to make a wedding card...wedding next weekend...better get crackin!

Rose Ann said...

This card is so lovely...I think it's worth crashing a wedding for...ha, ha! Great work!

Kirsi said...

Lovely card, very elegant!

mum-on-the-run said...

Beautiful card!

I managed to get most of the Michaels sets here in the UK but haven't seen that one! Will keep my eyes peeled!

Anonymous said...

How cute is that!!! I love that stamp set, I'm sad to see it retire!!

(Favvis)Maria said...

Really nice stuff you have here! And how fun to get the Bella´s=)

Mama Schroeg said...

I like this card! It's so elegant and fun! Lovely job!!

Gillian .... said...

lovely soft piece :)

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Beautiful card!

Vintage Papers said...

this is such a sweet card!